Emily Parsons Blog 1864





Dear Mother,


From the first time I sent u a letter I was gonna inform you of everything during these past
few days have been frustrated and tense. First we all know when we go out there we never
know what's gonna happen,we were very anxious of losing at Chickamauga as this time it was a
celebration that we took a huge victory had a very settle plan. Won a compress over the Bragg rebel.
Then to let u know that we have control of  key of the southern city  that is something my group needs
as we stand together and fight as a nation. Something that I came to do is to fight and we are on step
closer on splitting the confederacy. And I almost forgot we might have found a new General to lead the
Union its hard cause we need someone that would lead us in good terms but the good news is that
Lincoln has found one from the day that i'm writing this Ulysses S.Grant is gonna command all armies.
Still we see so many ups and downs here its really interesting to see what is next to happen,now we
can see that some of the Democrats have choose that Lincoln and McClellan face each other as I
have been here I know both men and they have so much to bring and very different I don't know
whats gonna happen but I hope nothing goes wrong. Here I am still trying my best and always
standing up for the union so many more to happen I will stay in touch.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Newspaper-Emily Parsons

Letter Home-Parsons

Letter 1861-Parsons