To my Father, I've been part of the Union for a few days know. Almost a week, I'd believe. As you know, I joined because I felt it was necessary to show my loyalty to the country. You've known I've always longed for a purpose, so when President Lincoln was in need of men at Fort Sumter, I saw an opportunity. I know you wished to accompany me, but I couldn't let you make that sacrifice. But worry not, it has been reported to me that this wretched war should take around six months . In fact, they've already begun in the state of Maryland, a city called Baltimore . The men I lead are not stationed there, but we've heard that the first shots of war have been fired there already. But worry not for me Father, I will be back home with you, my wife, my kid and step-children. I may not be able to promise many things, but I assure you this one I will keep. Your son, Bruce Stanton
Comments
Post a Comment