Letter Home - Long

Dear Mother and Father,I have just enlisted in the union army and I am super exited to fight against slavery. I decided to enlist because Lincoln called for 75,000 volunteers . Father you should write an editorial about Lincoln all the ones I have read are pretty bad, I think you can do better. Some of the other soldiers in Insurgent are also history professors.  I really miss you mother, I have been craving your blueberry pie and I miss having a clean roomI heard about the abolitionist rally you spoke at in Maine. I was so worried about you all I never thought someone would try to hurt you. Well I have got to go now and I will try to keep in touch with you all. 

Love you,

Isaac J. Long

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Newspaper-Emily Parsons

Letter Home-Parsons

1865 Letter - Stanton