Letter Home-Parsons



    Dear Mother,


    There so many things I would like to tell you.First there was so many reasons why I had to leave            home.I had to make a stand by what was right.I had to stand by a group of people that believed in          the same way I did.The past few days I had joined the union something I knew was the right thing to do there was people that had the same type of felling that I did about slavery.As of course you know I am a type of person that would do anything and everything to accomplish something.You don't even   know how many issues and conflicts theirs been about slavery.Over the Election of 1860 was one of   them of opposing sides of slavery it was one of the most impact presidential elections in American History.One of the main issues were about slavery and state rights.As I write about how history these days are I spent time thinking on what we do about it together as a union.I hope that I accomplish something but at the end I would want to change something about slavery I came to do something and make it  right I hope your proud of me I miss y'all back home mom and dad and of course my brothers.I will keep touch with y'all.

From,
Your child Parsons

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Newspaper-Emily Parsons

1865 Letter - Stanton