1864 Poem - Stanton

Rehab

By- Capt. Stanton

Under command once again,
The man with his top hat won by big numbers.
President once again.
The votes were astounding,
Three states went with the underdog McClellan,
While the rest went to the past and current President Lincoln,
To unite what's supposed to be done already was their promise,
Now Lincoln has his official orders to for rehabilitation.
Rehab for the Union.
How convenient.
But the Union has been parting,
Our entire purpose for war an irony.
I often question if it's worth to sacrifice for a nation that is indecisive so,
But Grant lifts my spirit with his military empowerment, and I have hope once again.
No, I have a desire.
A desire to have any meaning in this war. 
To make my voice count in the battlefield.
That is my wish.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Newspaper-Emily Parsons

Letter Home-Parsons

Letter 1861-Parsons